Frigidaire has released the FFAD3033R1 30 pint dehumidifier as the successor of the old FAD301NWD. Released in 2015, the Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 is the latest 30 pint dehumidifier released by the company and which is an Energy Star certified dehumidifier. This 30 pint dehumidifier is considered by some specialists the best dehumidifier in its size class on the market today. In this review, I will go through its various features and what it has to say in terms of performance so that you can decide if it’s the right dehumidifier for your home.
Main Features of The FFAD3033R1
The 30 pint Frigidaire dehumidifier has got all what a modern dehumidifier has to have. As it’s name indicates, the FFAD3033R1 dehumidifies 30 pint of water per day, equivalent to 14 liters per day. In addition to it’s nicely designed unit, this device comes with an electronic controls panel in which you find various useful options. First, you can control the exact percentage of humidity level that you wish your room or space to be at. This dehumidifier is able to keep running via a timer 24 hours long. And if you have kids, there is a control lock to prevent them from playing with controls. On the electronic controls panel you find also a ¨bucket full¨ indicator that alerts you when the tank is full of water and needs to be emptied, as well as a ¨filter clean¨ indicator. Once the tank is almost full, the unit will shut automatically. The Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 has also a continuous drain option which allows to attach a hose to the unit. This is a nice features as it frees you from the task of having to empty the water bucket everytime it’s full.
- Has 3 Fan Speeds (quiet at low speed)
- Push-Button Electronic Controls with digital humidity readout
- Adjustable Humidity Settings
- Automatic Shut-Off when water bucket is full or using the Timer
- Energy Star Certified
- Continuous Drain Option
- Low temperature operation – Saves energy and money (41 Degree)
- Noise level and Power Consumption
When it comes to quiet operations, this dehumidifier has received many positive comments in terms of noise level. But, it was reported that only the low fan speed is what we can consider a really quiet operation mode. According to the manufacturer, on the ¨High¨ level, this dehumidifier does produce 52 dB (decibels). This what specialists from California Department of Transportation consider as a noise similar to a dishwasher next room noise or a quiet urban on daytime noise as reported in a their
This Frigidaire dehumidifier’s volting rating is 115V 60Hz and according to a tester, the power consumption of this model is 25% less than its predecessor. On a cool situation, this dehumidifier draws 320 watts of power. In addition to that, this unit is certified by the international standard for energy efficient consumer products : Energy Star.
Design and Build Quality
The Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 is a nice looking modern unit, which unlike its predecessor, doesn’t have big holes on the front. This is important as it won’t spoil your interior design. Frigidaire released its new line of dehumidifiers in a unified look, so the 30 pint, 50 pint and 70 pint Frigidaire all have the same design. Besides the look, the FFAD3033R1 feels sturdy and is made to resist long travelling and which has a nicely designed carrying handle. This Frigidaire 30 pint dehumidifier is considered a SpaceWise portable design as it has caster wheels and top and side handles which makes it easy to move from space to space. It’s also lighter than expected for that kind of devices as it weighs only 34 lbs.
Tame high humidity in any room of your home when you use the efficient and intelligent Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Dehumidifier. This smart Energy Star-rated dehumidifier has a clever user-friendly interface and numerous automated features to make setup and operation a breeze. The unit is also highly portable with smooth-rolling casters and carrying handles so you can easily move it from spot to spot. The Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 removes 30 pints of damaging moisture per day and is most ideal for small- to medium-sized rooms.
Effortless™ Features for a User-Friendly Experience
This Frigidaire dehumidifier installs in minutes with plug-and-play operation. This is in part thanks to a full line-up of Effortless™ control features for extreme user-friendliness. These functions include:
- Effortless™ Humidity Control – This feature allows you to control the exact amount of humidity in your room to increase your indoor comfort.
- Effortless™ Full Tank Alert System – This system alerts you when the water tank nears capacity and it’s time to empty. This helps protect against damaging overflows.
- Effortless™ Automatic Shutoff – With this feature, the dehumidifier shuts off automatically when the water tank is nearly, saving energy and protecting against spills.
- Effortless™ Continuous Drain Option – This feature is a continuous gravity drain system. Simply connect a dehumidifier drain hose or standard garden hose to set up continuous drainage to a nearby drain. No intervention needed!
- Effortless™ Clean Filter – The dehumidifier also features a removable washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors, and other airborne particles to sustain the unit’s high efficiency and clean the air in your environment.
With these features and functions, daily operation is nearly automatic. No more head-scratching. You can maintain a healthy humidity level in your space and go about your daily routine without interruption.
Space-Saving Portable Design
Many areas throughout your home are often plagued by high humidity. Fortunately, the Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 is cleverly portable. It features a Spacewise® design that helps you easily move the unit in seconds to treat additional areas. The smooth-rolling casters and top handle assist you when moving the unit. Plus, you have your choice of 2 draining methods: manual and continuous. Choose the right method for the space at hand.
- 3 Dehumidifying Speeds – Choose from low, medium, or high to suit your comfort needs.
- Humidistat or Continuous Mode – Set your desired humidity for the unit to maintain when using humidistat mode. You can also run the dehumidifier continuously when you need to bring down high humidity levels fast.
- Manual or Gravity Drainage – You can drain the dehumidifier manually by emptying the bucket or via gravity by attaching a garden hose to the included drain adapter.
- Delay On/Off Timer – Use the timer to program the dehumidifier to turn on or off up to 24 hours in advance.
- Automatic Defrost – Auto defrost automatically melts frost buildup so the unit can continue removing moisture in low temperatures down to 41 degrees F.
- Loss of Power Protection with Auto Restart – If power unexpectedly goes out, this function saves your programmed settings. When power returns, the dehumidifier automatically restarts with those settings.
- Extra-Long Power Cord – Makes extension cords unnecessary. Plus, there’s a handy cord wrap for storage.
- Slim and Sleek Design – The unit’s slim and sleek design blends well with nearly any décor. No more eyesores!
- Energy Star-Rated – This model is Energy Star-qualified for budget-friendly and energy-saving operation.
Eliminate damaging humidity in a variety of areas throughout your home with the user-friendly and portable Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Dehumidifier.
What Customers Love
- Best for Small Areas – This dehumidifier removes 30 pints of moisture per day, making it ideal for lowering humidity in small areas like bathrooms, laundry rooms, and bedrooms.
- Humidistat Control – Set your desired humidity level and dehumidifier works automatically to keep the humidity at that level.
Things to Consider
- Add a Condensate Pump – Add an external condensate pump if you want to drain moisture upward or across longer distances.
1-Year-Limited Warranty, plus full 5-Year Limited Warranty on Sealed System Parts (compressor, condenser, evaporator, and tubing)
• Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Dehumidifier Manual
User’s Guide for the FFAD3033R1 30 Pint Dedhumidifier
What’s In The Box?
- Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Dehumidifier
- Drain Hose Adapter
- 4 Casters
- Owner’s Manual
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Energy-Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy To Set Up
- Effective Water Removal
- Large Water Bucket
Comments about Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Energy-Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier:
product is used in-homee
- Primary use:
Comments about Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Energy-Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier:
Fills up fast but at least I know it works.
- Was this a gift?:
The Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 30-pint dehumidifier has got the technology to face mold and mildew that excess of moisture causes in order to keep your space a comfortable place to live in. As you’ve seen, it’s a nicely designed and easy to use Energy Star device that has a very useful continuous drain option. Don’t forget to get this Frigidaire from Amazon, last time I’ve checked, its price was on discount, Click Here to go to this offer on Amazon.