In this section you’ll find tips and solutions to common Frigidaire dehumidifier problems that owners face or may face in future times. These solutions are applicable to Frigidaire 30, 50 , and 70 pint dehumidifiers models.
Frigidaire Dehumidifier Clean Filter
When the “clean filter” lights stays on, then it’s time to do some cleaning top filter . This indicator is set to light on after 250 hours of operation, so you don’t have to worry.
How To Clean the filter on a Frigidaire Dehumidifier
To clean the filter, you remove it first. To remove the filter properly, pull the tabs using your hands in order not to scratch them and then take out the filter. Then run the filter under clean water then dry it. Don’t use an electric hair dryer to dry the air filter. Once the filter is dry, replace it on the rear of the dehumidifier and snap in place.
NB: It’s recommended that you clean the filter once every two weeks based on the dehumidifier being used in normal operating conditions.
Frigidaire Dehumidifier Not Working
If your dehumidifier is freezing up, then try these simple solutions first.
- Make sure that the plug is right in the wall outlet by pushing it firmly into wall outlet (the wall plug may disconnected).
- The fuse of your house may have blown or the circuit breaker may have tripped. Check if it’s the case, then replace the fuse by another one, or your house’s circuit breaker.
- The dehumidifier may not turn on if the water bucket is not installed properly.
- Also, the water tank may have reached its maximum. If this happens, the unit will automatically shut off. All you have to is to empty the water bucket and return it back to position.
- It may appear silly, but the dehumidifier may not be turned on, so turn it on.
Frigidaire Dehumidifier Not Collecting Water
To resolve this problem , follow these steps given by an expert.
- Make sure that the humidity extraction level is not very HIGH. Simply set it to 32-35%.
- Another area to check is the air filter as it could be clogged or dirty. Turn the unit OFF and unplug it. Remove the air filter by pulling the tabs. Inspect it and clean it if necessary. Leave it until it’s completely dry, then put it back. DO NOT turn the unit on without the filter.
- The unit may be close to a wall or an object which obstructs the air flow. Put it away from anything that could stop the air flow by maintain a minimum of 12 to 18″ of clear air space around your dehumidifier.
If none of the instructions above helped solve your problem, it may be a case of the compressor needs to be recharged with refrigerant gas. Also, if the your dehumidifier have been working for more than 5 years, the humidistat may have failed. This could also happen to a dehumidifier that has operated for less time. In this case, contact the manufacturer or consult other resources on our website.
If you have problems with your Frigidaire dehumidifier other than what we’ve covered here, please check your model’s manual in our Frigidaire Dehumidifiers Manuals page.